Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SCMC Center Stage
Saturday, July 28, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
The Songwriters Composers Music Conference provides a perfect opportunity for songwriters, producers ,artist, managers and promoters to network with MAJOR labels. If you are a musician or a music industry related business that wants to get into the Major side of the business, then YOU must attend this event. The SCMC panels, clinics and workshops discuss topical issues and examine technological advances that impact the future of musicians, new music, and the music business.
Private Meeting with 2 A&Rs / VIP ALL ACCESS: PRIVATE MEETING WITH A&R at conference /Conference/1st to do Showcase Performance/1st to do 1-1 sit down with A&R panel list/ includes artist & manager. This provides attendees an opportunity to meet with an A&R , record company executive, music publisher, online marketing executive, Film/TV music executive, music attorney or ASCAP/BMI/SESAC executive. The 15- 20 minute session will be a mix of career advice and/or song critiques depending on what you'd like to cover.
Private Meeting with 1 A&R:PRIVATE MEETING WITH A&R at conference/2nd to do Showcase Performance/2nd to do 1-1 sit down with A&R panel list/ includes artist. This provides attendees an opportunity to meet with an A&R , record company executive, music publisher, online marketing executive, Film/TV music executive, music attorney or ASCAP/BMI/SESAC executive. The 15- 20 minute session will be a mix of career advice and/or song critiques depending on what you'd like to cover.
Producer Performance & Workshop Ticket:Bring (3) one minute snippets of your beats on THUMB DRIVE that you want to shop to Major labels, songwriters,publishers, or artist.Two (2) randomly selected producers will hit the stage and will be given an allotted amount of time to play a clip of each beat (60 seconds).Beat can be original or sampled.
Artist Performance & Workshop Ticket:SCMC participants will perform live in-front of the major label A&Rs and music industry executives attending SCMC. Participants are given the opportunity to not only perform their music, but also receive personalized feedback about their music from each panelist in attendance. Performing in front of the panel and having one's music heard by leading music executives is a rare opportunity. You also will be able to attend the Q&A segment and learn the pros and cons of the business.
General Conference Ticket:The conference will discuss the ends and outs of the music industry and ways budding artists and professionals can gain foot into the business. Participants will also be able to participate in a Q&A discussing such topics as:
Album or Single
- Are consumers still purchasing albums?
- How do I push out a single?
- How does this affect the art of the music business?
Licensing & Publishing Deals
- Why is licensing music so important?
- What is the big deal about a publishing deal?
- How can I get a publishing deal?
- Is there an appropriate time for an artist/producer/songwriter to do a licensing or publishing deal?
Which are you? Producer or beat maker?
What is all the hype about if I am one or the other?
- Our panel will take a look at what these new "360 deals" are all about and why just about every major label is REQUIRING them for EVERY new signing.
- What are the Pros & Cons associated with these types of deals for both new and established artists?
Street Team or Management
- Is it worth it to have a street team or bloggers?
- Which one should I get first: a manager, attorney or an agent?
- What should I expect from a manager?